Server Maintenance This Week. ×

'Undo Formatting/Undo Paste' in Custom Edit Menu

Saubs

This topic is 5855 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I can't seem to get the 'Undo Formatting' menu item to work correctly in my custom edit menu.

Let's say I copy a block of formatted text from a browser and paste it into a text field on my database. In a 'regular' edit menu, immediately after the paste the 'Undo Formatting' command would appear at the top of the edit menu, which I could then select to clean up the pasted text. The Undo Formatting command would then change to 'Undo Paste', which could be used to...um...undo the paste.

When my custom edit menu is loaded, the 'Undo Formatting' works as expected, but instead of seeing 'Undo Paste' next, I actually see 'Redo Formatting' instead. Hope that makes sense.

Here's what my custom edit menu looks like. To my untrained eye, my 'Undo' menu item properties look identical to the 'Undo' menu item properties in a 'standard' edit window, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone explain how I can get the toggling Undo Formatting/Undo Paste functionality to work in my custom edit window? Many thanks, all--

[color:blue]Thought of another question after posting: In the same custom edit menu, how can I get the handy old Command-Option-V shortcut to work?

myCustomEditMenu.jpg

Edited by Guest
Thought of a related question--

This topic is 5855 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.