Perform script on remote file by remembering username and password

This topic is 5867 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

My question is about automatically running a web incompatible script every night. It would have been possible to use FMSERVER 9, if it was not web incompatible. But, I need to send emails and send email script step is not web compatible.

I have been doing this by running a Filemaker file which opens the remote file and runs the script inside that remote file and then automatically closes itself. This has interestingly worked for 2 years in a MacOSX server. I added the File reference only once with usr and pwd, and it did not ask me about that usr and pwd again. This is a multi user system with an advanced privilige system, so usr and pwd are musts.

Now, I am trying to do this in a Windows Xp machine, and the script is not running when I open the "scriptrunner.fp7" file. And, when I try to run the script, it asks for usr and pwd again.

Can you please suggest a solution either how to remember usr and pwd in file references, or some other working solution to run a script on the server side every day ?

Best Regards and Thx from now

Thanks very much for the input.

I checked that plugin, I have not tried. But I think you are right.

However, this will only work for FMSERVER 9. I will distribute my solution freely, and do not want to ask users to buy lots of additional things (there are some restrictions in the developer license, after 10 users, the users should buy enterprice license etc...).

I would be very happy if anybody knows a free solution for this problem ?

I'm not sure what is required here, however, if you feel that this function is critical to your project, then why not just adjust your prices to include the cost of the plugin.

HTH

Lee

Well,

I think it is better if I can find a non-plugin solution because of two reasons:

1-) I dont want to make the installation more complicated

2-) I think, there should somwhere be a non plugin solution for automatic emailing due to the fact that lots of people should have needed it for some common database solutions (project management, job modules etc)

So, I would be very happy with a non-plugin solution.

Regards

This topic is 5867 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.