Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Buttons in Portals

Brendon Skinner

This topic is 8221 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone may be able to help me with a small problem. I have a three line self-relational portal and have dropped a button in the portal to open a pdf file relevant to the portal record on that line. The button works perfectly. However despite only putting in one button on the top line of the portal, with the expectation that the button will only be duplicated in the line below when there are more than one related records, Filemaker is by default revealing a button on the portal row below, even thought there is no document in that line. Any ideas? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

You have the relationship set to "allow creation of related records". This will cause Filemaker to put a blank line at the bottom of the portal.

You have two options here. One is to uncheck that option in the define relationship screen, or you can put the button into a container field in the actual record and thus it will only show when there is actually a record present. You will also have to make sure that you scripts tests for a valid record. This is more complicated, but still gives you the power of the portal allowing the creation of new records.

This topic is 8221 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.