password

This topic is 5840 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey all,

maybe I'm missing something simple, I have 60+ databases, all were hosted on FM3, I came into the company, converted everything, upgraded to FM9, and I'm applying users, privileges, but for some reason, databases won't open with a password prompt, I've checked the file options, I know I can use option open, but I don't want users to do that. I have a splash screen directing to databases, who goes where, can do what....

What am I missing?

thanks

Hank101

You stated that you checked the File Options, so you have the "log in using" option unchecked correct? Do you have an opening script that relogs the user in?

Yup, it's unchecked, I have a button that opens the specified file, resize etc....

I'm going to put this splash file on all the clients machines, so it'll direct them to where they need to go, rather than use the remote (hosts), with a password for whatever file they navigate to. Make sense?

No, it does not. Something is afoot here. If there are Accounts and if the auto log-on is[color:red]disabled as it almost always should beand you are not getting a credentials challenge dialog box, then perhaps you have SSO'ed into the file. Or if yotu areon OS X,check the KeyChains.

In FileMaker Server, check to see if External Server Authentication is enabled.

Steven

This topic is 5840 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.