Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't see shared databases...

This topic is 5815 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, I'm new to filemaker. I have it set up on 2 iMacs which are connected via a wireless network. I'd like to share my database between the two computers. I have Sharing turned ON in FileMaker Network Settings, allowing user access to the file. The Box marked "Don't display in Open Remote File dialog" is UNCHECKED. I believe I have everything the way it's supposed to go...

The database is open on the host computer. On the other computer, I go to Open Remote..., I can see the host computer, but when I click on it, the database I'd like to access doesn't come up.

Help... please... and thank you!

Have you checked your router and software firewall settings to make sure the proper ports are open, namely 5003?

• Newbies

Yes... and the firewall is off on all the computers. Here's an added weird thing:

I brought my laptop (MacBook Pro running Leopard) in today. When running hosting the database on my laptop, the iMacs CAN see and open the shared database file. BUT when hosting it on one of the iMacs, the other computers (both laptop and iMac) CANNOT see and access the shared file.

Again, the firewall is off on all computers.

This topic is 5815 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.