Can't add new record in portal

slbr549

This topic is 5793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am running FMPro Advanced, Server, and Pro 9.0. Server is on Mac, Advanced and Pro on on a mixed pc/mac platform.

My relationships for the particular portal I'm having trouble with are set to add new record. The folks that are trying to add a new record via the portal have full access privileges.

We can delete the records in the portal, we can also update records in the portal.

The problem is we can't add another record. We go to the empty field, type something in and it comes back with the error "This action cannot be performed because this field is not modifiable". It does this on every field. However, if I go to the original table, I can enter records with no problem.

Any suggestions on what is going on? This is the second solution I've had this happen in.

The problem is with the relationship, not the portal. The field that cannot be modified is the matchfield (or one of the matchfields) in the child table - probably a calculation field.

You cannot create new records through such a relationship. When creating a new child record, Filemaker tries to set the child matchfield/s to the same value/s as the parent's. When it fails, it produces the error message you have seen.

This topic is 5793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.