Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Close window, lose found set

This topic is 5804 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got a question :)-] I have a client who does something odd, then FileMaker does something even odder. It's a printing script, in an older solution that still has an external child file (groan). The script goes to the child records, then presents them in Preview mode before printing. I allowed user abort, so it has the Continue and Cancel buttons. The trouble is, he doesn't hit either. If he doesn't want to print, he just closes the window.

A strange thing happens then. The child window closes (then reopens in the background, since it's visible in a portal in the parent file). But the parent file loses the found set entirely, showing all records, and ending up on a different record. This only happens on hosted files, not when run locally.

I've fixed it for now by setting user abort off. But he doesn't much like that either. He claims it used to work fine the way he was doing it, and that may very well be true.

They are running FileMaker Server 8 (lastest rev. I believe). Clients are FileMaker 9 (I believe). But I believe it happens with other versions also. I haven't seen or heard of this before, but that's likely because most people in this situation wouldn't just close the window. Anyone seen this?

Does the secondary file have a start up script?

The only other thought is that the script in the primary file is corrupted (I have previous experience) - re-write the script from scratch, no copy or pasting!

This topic is 5804 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.