Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Calculation based on value list result

This topic is 5790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Filemaker and I'm attempting to make a employee timesheet, based on a two-week payperiod.

What I've done so far is create a drop-down list for the start of the pay period. The end of the pay period is then calculated based on the start + 13. This works fine.

Currently I have a drop-down list for day of the week. What I would like to have is a conditional drop-down list for date based on the day of the week for the pay period. For example, day of the week = Tuesday, the date drop-down list would contain 17/06/2008 and 24/06/2008. I am trying to build this with a case statement, but I'm not sure if I'm on the right path or no.

Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the file.

What I'm looking for, however is something that will allow me to choose a day, Monday for example. Seeing as how the pay period is two weeks (14 days) long, I wo

I have stored all of the pay period beginning dates in a value list. I instruct the user to enter the pay period for which they would like to submit a time sheet.

Then, for each individual day, they must enter their hours. So, below, they choose the day from a value list (Sat. - Fri.). Once the day is selected I want the date field to be automatically calculated based on the day (Fri. through Sat.) and the Beginning date of the pay period.

However, an employee might have multiple entries for the same day and date due to the fact that we attribute all hours worked to specific tasks. For example on Mon. June 16, an employee might work 3 hours on task A and 4 hours on task B.

I'm not sure if this can be done as I'm rather novice with Filemaker. Any help would be appreciated.

This topic is 5790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.