jpg size

This topic is 5782 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i have a container field that holds a JPG image (reference or actual import, does not matter to me). Is there any way to get the size of the image (e.g. 640x480) from that container field, or is there another way to approach it?

thanks

GetValue ( GetAsText ( yourContainer ); 1 ) will give you the dimension when the image in referenced in a container.

ok so i created a calculation field with your calc in it - i tried the result as number, text and container and I always got this:

image:/C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/photos/photos053.JPG

not the size

right now all my images in the containers are only referenced, but if i read your post correctly then that should work? right?

thanks

I tried it with one image, it still gives me the file name as a result, this time just without the path.

The 'insert picture' would not work for me, since the images (10000+) are already in the database - got there via a folder import.

I think I found a plugin - Troi File - I'll give it a try.

Edited by Guest

Well reinserting them with Insert Image for 10K images wouldnt be that bad since you could write a loop to handle it.

Again you need to Insert the image using 'Insert Picture' with the 'store only reference' box CHECKED.

BTW I am a big fan of Troi's plugins. However, in this case I dont really think that you need to use one.

OK - I got that working now thanks.... - size:1536,1009

the image size is 2048x1346... just wondering why it is off by a factor of 1.33333....?

This topic is 5782 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.