FM7 to FM9

This topic is 5794 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I long ago converted my files from 7 to 9 and revised the access/security for them.

All my files, that is, except 1 which is in an ancillary part of my solution. This one file had been stable for years, executing in runtime. I required a username/password to access the .fp7 version of the file, but not for runtime.

I need to access that file now, but cannot remember and cannot find the user name and password to get into it to review some scripts.

What can I do to break the security?:?

This isn't completely clear. The runtime is in .fp7 format as well?

You could open that file with FIleMaker Pro rather than with the runtime engine. Then see if you can import the scripts into another file where you can read them.

Steven

I have tried importing the scripts. Without a full-access username/password I do not have sufficient 'privileges'. Even then, without being able to get into the file, I would have to rewrite and re-build the tables (of course, the file I can't access is self-documenting so I don't have the table definitions stored elsewhere).

I use secure fm to lock out any and all user access to menu items in the application. The application creates a javascript file and puts it onto the internet without any user interaction (it periodically accesses other FM solutions for its data). The only access to the menu items is by a full-access user.

Is there any way to get at the user/password table to get the full-access username/password? I'd be happy to pay at this point!

TIA

If a specific script in File A is not marked as executable only or no access to the Privilege Set attached to the Account that has opened the file, then you can import that script into File B without regard to the UI in force in File A.

Passwords [color:red]are not stored in the file, so there's no "password table" to access. You might use one of the "crackers" on the file to get it open and see if there is anything there that reminds you of what the full access password is. [color:red]Do not continue to use such a file. The cracker has damaged it in the process of opening it.

HTH.

Steven

This topic is 5794 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.