Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Plugins not loading

This topic is 5777 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is anyone aware of third party plugins not loading on FM 9.0v3 running XP Service Pack 3. I recently performed a clean install of XP SP2. When I ran windows update I went with SP3. Everything so far has worked fine except for my plugins not loading when I open FM. Any ideas or recommendations? I would like to first explore possible solutions before uninstalling SP3. Gotta have my plugins.

Thanks

It's all of the 3rd party plugins I use, which are only 2, EventScript and Scriptfire. As I say they all worked fine before SP3. In fact, another colleague upgraged to SP3 and experinced the same problem. So it appears to be specific to SP3.

Thanks Fitch. I'm sorry but I'm still not clear what settings to check. Are we talking about Local user and group settings?I'm logged in as Admin, same as always before SP3.

I also have a problem with one of Windows secuirty updates installing. The "Security Update for Microsoft .Net Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)" won't install. Could this be ralated to plugins not installing? I'm grabbing for straws here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm more fluent in Mac than Windows, but what I'm reading is that XP SP3 has been released and then recalled twice and is not currently officially released. Sounds like many people are just sticking with SP2.

About permissions in XP, have a look here:

http://www.le.ac.uk/cc/dsss/docs/acls1.shtml

This topic is 5777 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.