summaries, almost there

This topic is 8585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just as a matter of procedure, please post follow-up questions as part of the original thread. We answer sooo many questions that I don't remember your last post and I'll have to dig through the forums to find it.

The quickest questions to answer tend to be answered first! wink.gif -bd

I took a look at your original posts. As a general comment, when subsummaries don't display properly (in preview mode) it is usually a result of a disagreement between the subsummary order and sort order. Also, GetSummary() functions are not required to display a summary field in a subsummary part. They are used to extract a summary number IN a sumsummary part for use in another calculation.

If I understand what you are trying to do correctly, you can augment the use of subsummaries by using relationships and the Sum() function to total up a set of records. If you create a self relationship based upon a global "gDateToday" matching "Date", this relationship can be used "Sum(SelfByDate::Amount)" to add up today's receipts (or a ranges of dates, if gDateToday contains more than one date). -bd

This topic is 8585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.