Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Feature Request systems

Tim W

This topic is 5766 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

Does anyone have a good system for collecting and working through co-workers' feature reqests? My schedule is like many others, Filemaker is only part of my duties and time is scarce.

Your thoughts,

Tim

What are you looking for? A FileMaker-based system? Something resembling a help desk? To do list? Project management? GTD organizer? Do you want people to enter their own requests in to the system, or is this just a way for you to manage your own tasks?

Thanks for the reply, Tom,

[color:blue]What are you looking for? Idea's of what others have that is working.

[color:blue]A FileMaker-based system? I am not against rolling out my own FM-based system. Obviously, it could stream-line the request communication, Capture layoutID, UserLoggedIn, ListOfFields to select from, etc.

[color:blue]Something resembling a help desk? Show instructions like a help desk i.e. how-to's

[color:blue]To do list? Only approved changes, not just allowing anyone to assign tasks, but reporting progress to all.

[color:blue]Project management? not so much, more organization

[color:blue]GTD organizer? GTD?? stands for??

[color:blue]Do you want people to enter their own requests in to the system, or is this just a way for you to manage your own tasks? Both, My tasks should be a sub-set of the whole, i.e. Approved submissions(approved by a department manager).

Hope this helps clarify,

Tim

I don't have anything more specific for you, Tim, sorry. I've worked on a couple of FileMaker-based in-house help desk systems. In both cases we started very simply and just built it up as we went along.

For inspiration I recommend FogBugz.

GTD: Getting started with "Getting Things Done"

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the links, "GTD" sounds really interesting. I simply had not encountered it, but can easily see the great audience that is drawn to it.

Probably, I will design my own feature/bug system as you have expressed.

we started very simply and just built it up as we went along.

Thanks again,

Tim

This topic is 5766 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.