Viewing a pdf file

Slobey

This topic is 5790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone,

I know I have set the webviewer to view pdf files before but for some reason I can't get it to go. I am setting the webviewer with the following path configuration, is this the correct format? "filewin://server computer name/folder/filename.pdf"

Try file://localhost/[file path] for a local file. I think filewin:// and filemac:// are just for FileMaker's internal (non-Web) references.

[the folder after localhost/ should be a folder at the top level of your hard drive, or so says my Mac when I dropped a file onto Firefox]

Edited by Guest

That worked, thanks a bunch. One more question if you know. Is there a way to validate a web viewer path. Meaning I will have a script to go the layout where the web viewer is residing but I only want to go if the file has been created and the web viewer is propagated. Is there some kind of an "isempty" test that will determine that without viewing the "page not found" in the viewer itself?

Thanks

I've been looking for that, too. The following thread covers this a little:

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/196268/

Sounds like you're supposed to be able to using GetLayoutObjectAttribute, but the person who tried it wasn't successful. I only know how to do it if you can populate a field at the same time the file is created or uploaded.

This topic is 5790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.