Access Rights Resetting

This topic is 5763 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a very strange problem. Somehow I have users reporting that their password can't be used to access the filemaker database hosted on the server. Problem is only another admin and I have the rights to access the server and set or reset passwords for the database.

But for the 2nd time in 3 weeks I have the user report that his password is unable to access the database and I need to go in to reset the password. Problem is neither of the admins have reset the password so we suspect that somehow something is reverting the password but we are unable to find out what. Anyone know of any ways to track it down?

First, please remember that passwords are case sensitive. The user needs to be especially careful about entering them.

Second, this could be an indication of damage to the file. Have there been any unusual events with the server or the system lately?

Steven

First, all admins should reset their own passwords to rule out a compromise of current credentials and subsequent hacking.

But yes, this does indicate that there could be damage to the file.

Now, we are talking here about regular FileMaker Pro credentials, right? Not some ersatz system.

Steven

Ok will reset the admin password once I get access to the system. Any way to recover from the damaged file? I do regular backups but then most likely the backups are corrupted too.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5763 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.