Filemaker Pro 9.0 Remote Access WAN Speed Min Requirements

This topic is 5720 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm thinking of upgrading to FM pro and server v9.0 and accessing the database remotely from another country. What is a good minimum speed requirement for the internet connection for the client side to have? The blank FM database is around 30MB in size without data and there will be around 3-4 simultaneous users accessing it remotely.

How far away is the other country? I'm in Australia and "in another country" means "a bloody long way away over seas" but I realise it's not the same for everybody.

I'd suggest broadband would be the minimum, and even then I'd be using Citrix or Terminal Services or something similar to minimise data load. If the file is 30MB without data, I'd be going through and creating stripped-down layouts with no graphics and minimal decoration.

It's not just bandwidth that affects the user experience, it's also latency -- the response time. I read somewhere of another person's experience with a satellite link, where the bandwidth was high enough but the latency made it unusable.

This topic is 5720 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.