"The Database Server is not available" on console startup

This topic is 5743 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

"The Database Server is not available. To edit server deployment, please start the Database Server first."

That's the message I'm getting when I launch the FMS9-Admin Console. Based on this thread...

http://fmwebschool.com/frm/index.php?topic=2743.0

I'm thinking I have the same problem, where an installation of FMS on the same network is prohibiting FMS 9 from starting up. So I'll have to dance around with shutting down my live server later to further diagnose this.

Just wanted to post this if it helps anyone else out (plus I'll post back if this is indeed the issue).

I've seen this come up a few times, I'm with you on this so let's make it really clear for others who go searching for the reason it doesn't work.

YOU CANNOT RUN THE SAME FM SERVER LICENSE ON MORE THAN ONE MACHINE IN A SINGLE NETWORK.

License conflicts are just one issue here. In addition, the problem might be that the FileMaker Server service/deamon needs to be started at the OS level. This is normally done through the Services Control Panel (Windows) or the Terminal (Macintosh). See the product documentation.

Steven

This topic is 5743 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.