Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker 5.5 Server Problems

This topic is 5731 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi. We have just moved our Filemaker database running on 5.5 Server across from NT4 to Windows 2003 Server. 5.5 installed well but we are unable to 'see' some files which are correctly in a sub-folder of Filemaker 5.5. An error message: "xxx file is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource" As far as I can see everyone has the correct permissions in Windows 2003.

Can anyone please help sort this out. The database is critical for a Charity. Many thanks. Roger

This could be file path problems.

Although the files are physically there FM maintains it's own list of file paths for related and associated files. Possibly some files have a fixed IP address association which now won't work if the 2003 server has a different IP address. This could also happen if you used a different folder name structure.

Did you also keep the files in the same folder and subfolder structure with the same names?

Hi. Thanks for such a quick reply. As far as I know the IP address is the same. Also I asked our techies to use the same folder and subfolder structure as before - and it certainly looks the same. I can now see some of the major files. It is the small related ones which are missing from the 'host' button display on a desktop and give rise to the message above.If I temporarily share the FMP folder where all the files are, I can see all the files and open them. When the initial transfer was made to 2003 I couldn't see any files through the host so attempted to uninstall 5.5 and re-install. However the system wouldnt let me. However I pressed the 'repair' option and after that could see the main files. Thanks Roger

This topic is 5731 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.