Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SC2 and Transparency

This topic is 5714 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

A few months ago I was working on a project where the client stores a series of PNG images with transparency in a FileMaker db via reference, and they wanted to be able to display those images via Instant Web Publishing through a browser. The sticky part was that they wanted the images to be layered, one overlapping the other, while maintaining image transparency -- so you can see the overlapping images as a single image through the browser.

I built a proof of concept file in conjunction with SC 1.8, and it worked great. (Actually, I never got the layered images to display correctly through the layered web viewers in the FMP layout, but once viewed through the browser via IWP, it worked fine, which was the most important thing.)

In preparation for the final project I upgraded to SuperContainer 2.042 -- and it no longer works. You can now only see the front-most image in the browser, and the transparent elements are opaque.

Is there a workaround you can suggest? Or, if not, is this something that will be fixed in an upcoming version?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ivan - we're working on a change that should restore transparency in thumbnails. We made the thumbnails opaque because FileMaker was messing up the transparent thumbnails when converting them from PNGs to JPGs for Instant Web Publishing, but we think we found a workaround so that the transparency will work correctly in IWP. I'll keep you posted.

This topic is 5714 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.