Server Maintenance This Week. ×

small business and filemaker 5

mimoc

This topic is 5704 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a client using filemaker pro 5. I suggested he bought a new server, for his was very old. No problem in installing the new server untill we try to use filemeker. It will lose connectivity. We installed windows small business svr 2003. We tried with a copy of win 2003 svr, with the same results. I wonder if filemaker is still trying to find the old server?

I'm certain that FMS 5.5 wouldn't be certified for use with Windows 2003. I know that FMS 5.5 works well on WinXP Pro enough to be stable in a light production environment.

I have no idea what you mean by "I wonder if filemaker is still trying to find the old server? "

Can clients see and connect to the files? If the old server is still running FMS will refuse to open: it checks the network for license numbers.

• Newbies

I installed first on the new server. It was working ok on the old server. The new server is working fine with every other application except filemaker. Once we try to open filemaker even though we can open it on the new server once clients are accessing the files they start to slowly lose connectivity until they are not able to connect again or see filemaker files. What I mean by “filemaker trying to find the old server” is that maybe it has a tag somewhere where it has a specified route or something like that. Thanks a lot =)

This topic is 5704 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.