Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Advice me: Time Table Schedule for SCHOOL

Conga

This topic is 5471 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

[color:gray]Do the members on FMforum have any advice on existing applications for [color:blue]scheduling a school (subjects, classes, classrooms, teachers). Would you advice a certain program or do they all have flaws… Preferable Mac & Windows. If possible Filemaker based.

Thank you for your advice as always.

[color:purple]Thanks again, but I went to that site the first time and they have not what I want: namely a program that can organise the time table for subjects, classes, teachers, and students. I'm under the impression that there are hardly any available at all. [color:blue]Maybe my search term is not adequate. So again, how do you call the organisation of all of the above in a school ?

• 1 month later...

There are a few commercial packages, in the UK there is http://www.cjmsoftware.co.uk/ and the US http://www.inresonance.com/. I don't know if they do exactly what you want but they will certainly cover some of the bases. This is my area of expertise and i have to say as an in-house developer at a large school I would say that to produce a really tailored solution you may need to look at building it yourself or getting someone to do it for you. If you opt for the latter option please drop me an email and I will be happy to offer any advice I can.

Good Luck

Danny Dawson

Thank you very much. I'm going to look into these solutions. Although I first got interested in this problem from the acute situation in my wife's school, I'm now interested in how can you make such a complicated model work. Thank you and mayby I'll contact you later on.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

[color:gray]It must be me but I can't find any. What would be the [color:blue]appropriate English search term for what I'm looking for. Thank you.

What you are looking for is "Resource Scheduling"

This is a common issue. For example, some companies would use a similar soultion for scheduling banquet room in a hotel, or checking out equipment in a construction project.

It's all the same concept: Matching needs with resources and keeping track of them over time.

You might even be able to modify the "lending libary" or some other simple template that fileMaker provides.

Thank you, Master. The thing is quite complicated because some teachers can't teach on some days, some students can't come to class on certain days and some classrooms have their limitations on numbers etc.

This topic is 5471 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.