No File Visible in WebViewer

This topic is 5708 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I've been developing a system for a client using supercontainer. For the purpose of development, I've been working on my Mac, G4, Tiger, using FMP9Advanced and the demo license for SuperContainer 2.041.

On the Mac, everything works great.

I loaded it up on my PC for testing (running WindowsXP). Again using the demo license of supercontainer and running it locally. My files upload and download correctly. I get no errors thrown, yet...there is no file available to view in the webviewer.

In looking at the SuperContainer/Files location, the difference I see is that on the Mac, my Thumbnails folder exists, and on the PC, it does not.

Does anyone know what would prevent the thumbnails from being automatically created and displayed on the PC? Is there a workaround?

The final deployment will be on a Windows Server 2003SP2. I don't yet know if this will be an issue in the true deployment but wanted to understand the issue in advance.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Manisha

Hi Manisha, I don't know if you are loading images or other kind of files (PDFs for instance) but the thumbnail feature for files that are not images works only for Mac.

You want to check this post out: http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/194022/

Hope this helps.

• Newbies

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The files I was testing with were JPGs, so I don't think this is the issue.

I went ahead and uploaded the files to the client's server, where supercontainer is installed with FMSA9, and the problem didn't manifest there. So, I'm not going to delve any deeper. It's probably some setting on my machine.

If it works for the client, it's working right.

Regards,

Manisha

This topic is 5708 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.