Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Open Remote File - Can see Host, but can't see any database files?

This topic is 5664 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I work in a studio and we have about 30 Macs (all OS X, vary between 10.4 and 10.5). All computers have the latest OS installed (of either 10.4 or 10.5) and all machines are running FileMaker Pro 8.5 (latest update/version). The FileMaker Server is running FileMaker Server 8 (latest updates). We haven't changed anything in quite some time and everything is running as it should for the most part.

Well, except for one, new client I just installed. It's an older G4, but it's running the latest 10.4 OS and the latest 8.5 FM software (exact same setup as all other machines). The odd thing with this machine is, when I try and open remote files via the server, I can see the Host (in the left hand pane of the "Open Remote File" window), but none of the actual database files show up? On another computer with the same setup, right beside it, I have no issue with the database files not showing up?

I've tried re-installed FM 8.5, deleted preferences, even tried connected to a database file using the network files path that works on the other machines, but nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas? I mean, I can see the server, but the database files just don't want to show?

Any help would be most appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

Kristin.

• Newbies

THANK YOU!!!!!

I've installed this application over a hundred times in the last 3+ years and this was just driving me nuts! I guess it's the first install post that date! And I should have been less lazy and checked the FMKB — thanks!!!!!!!

k.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

i have a question that is sounding quite similar, all the front end client symptoms are the same -- however, this is an older implementation/install.

3 clients (2 PC and 1 Mac) that access a FMPRO8 DB on a flat network, no VLANs, etc. ICMP connectivity tests to and from the FM8DB system are fine -- so the network layer appears to be intact.

However, the application layer, since Friday, has stopped functioning. The same symptoms:

- go to open remote file, sees the cached IP (i've tried adding it back again) does not show any available files.

I've checked the network sharing preferences in FMPRO and toggled them from ON to OFF back to ON. still nothing.

Any ideas?

This topic is 5664 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.