Layout Sizing

This topic is 8544 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm just starting with FileMaker (5.0) and cannot find in the help how to size new layouts.

The samples files provided are nicely built layouts with that standalone look. But when you start a new layout and add fields to it, the page is like a humongous spreadsheet (in layout mode) - you can scroll right and down almost indefinately. And there are no right or bottom borders you can grab and drag to size the layout. So how do I do it?

quote:

Originally posted by juanito28:

I'm just starting with FileMaker (5.0) and cannot find in the help how to size new layouts.

The samples files provided are nicely built layouts with that standalone look. But when you start a new layout and add fields to it, the page is like a humongous spreadsheet (in layout mode) - you can scroll right and down almost indefinately. And there are no right or bottom borders you can grab and drag to size the layout. So how do I do it?

You size the layouts in two ways. By the placement of the objects on the layout and by sizing the window itself.

What I generally do is to first size my window to where I want, then I place objects on that layout to fit within that window.

Sometimes what I will do is to create a layout with only a box on it, sized to fill the window are that I want. I setup a script to go to this layout, zoom the window and this sets the size of the window for the rest of the solution.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8544 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.