from portal into a value list field

This topic is 8543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

If you are in FM 5, use a value list based upon the same relationship as the portal. -bd

Yes, using FM 5. I had created a value list based upon a relationship but correct me if I am wrong, what I've gathered so far, is that value lists based on a relationship does not work on the web (the pop-up menu does not even show up) . The pop-up menu on the web does work when it is just straignt through a portal but not when it is a field based on a relational value list. However, getting a value list pop-up menu through the portal does not help me at this time. I need to a value list that is based on the content of a portal. What is the best way somehow to get contents from a portal- (as a value list) into a field.

Sorry, I didn't see the mention of the word "web" in your original post and my Clairvoyance() function is off-line. wink.gif

The way to automate the capture is to find the source records in the related file. Create a layout with just this field in a list view (nothing else, not even a field title). A "Copy All Records" script step will copy all the values with <cr>. Then you can paste the value list to a field or a value list. This will put all values into a field on the same record (ok for global use). If you want each value into a field, but in separate records, you will need to export the single field.

-bd

This topic is 8543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.