This topic is 8543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE GIVEN ME. I HAVE RUN INTO A NEW PROBLEM. I CREATED MY RELATIONSHIPS AND LOOKUPS AND I NEEDED TO CREATE SOME FORMULAS IN MY REPORT TO GRAB THE APPROPRIATE INFORMATION. I AM NOTICING THAT WHEN IT GRABS THE APPROPRIATE INFORMATION FOR THE REPORT IT WILL SAY 4 RECORDS FOUND AND YOU PAGE THROUGH THEM AND IT IS THE SAME RECORD AS THE FIRST. EXAMPLE - I SEARCH FOR PRODUCT "Z" THAT WAS COMPLETED IN MARCH. THE TOTALS GO INTO THE APPROPRIATE AREAS FOR MARCH BUT YOU HAVE 4 RECORDS FOUND, ALL THE INFORMATION STAYS ON THE FIRST RECORD. WHICH IS OKAY UNLESS PRODUCT "Z"'S "TESTING AREA" CHANGES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MONTH. ON THE REPORT THE "TESTING AREA" LABEL CHANGES BUT THE RESULT FOR THAT "AREA" IS ON THE FIRST RECORD WITH THE OLD "TESTING AREA" LABEL. IS THERE A WAY AROUND THIS OR WILL I NEED TO SOMEHOW "TAG" THOSE RECORDS DIFFERENTLY.

TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF HOW MY REPORT IS SET UP: I HAVE THE NEEDED HEADER INFORMATION(PRODUCT CATALOG AND DIGIT NUMBER, DATE, AND TITLE) IN THE "HEADER" PART, THE BULK OF THE REPORT IS IN THE SUBSUMMARY WITH THE BREAK FIELD BY DATE, NUMBER OF FALLOUTS FOR THE PRODUCT IN EACH TESTING AREA AND THEN A CALCULATION THAT GETS THE SUMMARY AND CALCULATES EACH GROUP OF FOUND FALLOUTS INTO A PERCENTAGE. AND THAT IS ALL FOR NOW. MY REPORT LOOKS LIKE AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET WITH COLUMNS AND ROWS. I HOPE I AM NOT CONFUSING YOU.

Did you know that typing in all caps is considered shouting? Your question is not linked with your original post, we need more background information. Perhaps you should describe: 1) what is a record in your database, 2) what fields occur in your report (by name), 3) what calculations you are performing (give exact formulas).

You're right, you are confusing us. wink.gif

-bd

I apologize for the "all capital" message. I am new to forums and do not know all of the "general" rules. I have also linked the information I asked to my original message.

thank you

This topic is 8543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.