Self relating form

This topic is 8539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a flat application file that is related to itself based on a field (link) whose value is always "1". On the form layout view I have a portal with 20 rows on the left side and the individual record on the right half of the screen. I am trying to scroll through the list in the portal and click on a row and want the record on the right to go to that record. What is happening when I assign the portal field as a button with the goto related record script attached, the record on the right performs correctley but the portal jumps back to the first record and I want it to stay on the "selected/clicked on" record.

Thanks

I hate this too, what I did is to save the "current portal row" b4 I change the focus to another portal, and use "goto row" to get to the correct position when I go back to the first protal.

since i'm using the Chinese version of FMP, I wish you understand what I mean smile.gif

-jimi

------------------

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

[This message has been edited by jimi (edited March 09, 2001).]

Thanks for the reply but my app seems to be a bit different than yours. I only have one portal on the layout. I took a form entry view and added a self related portal to that view. It would make sense that the "goto related record" should work but I can't seem to get it to.

That's standard behaviour with FMP portals. The only thing that you can do (I'm guessing here) is make a script that tracks what row the record is in, goes to the related record, then srolls back down to the original portal row.

This topic is 8539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.