scheduling calendar viable?

Enzomaticus

This topic is 5666 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I really hope this is in the right section. My business currently uses a web-based (our own domain) scheduling calendar that is able to send email reminders to the staff member that works a particular shift. The appointments are entered by one person so the calendar is not interactive.

I am a filemake noooob but I was wondering if I could use filemaker for the same job? Am I getting into something I will regret here? I would even be happy to have this "off-line" and just have the calendar posted online for viewing with a script taking care of the email reminders.

So what say yee - is this doable without breaking the bank or making me go crazy?

I really hope this is in the right section. My business currently uses a web-based (our own domain) scheduling calendar that is able to send email reminders to the staff member that works a particular shift. The appointments are entered by one person so the calendar is not interactive.

I am a filemake noooob but I was wondering if I could use filemaker for the same job? Am I getting into something I will regret here? I would even be happy to have this "off-line" and just have the calendar posted online for viewing with a script taking care of the email reminders.

So what say yee - is this doable without breaking the bank or making me go crazy?

Perhaps it is clear to others; but it isn't clear to me just what you want to do. Yes, you can make a calendar solution in FileMaker or buy a ready made solution such as SeedCode Calender:

http://www.seedcode.com/cp-app/ste_cat/filemakercalendar

And yes, Filemaker can send emails including automated emails.

What exactly do you want to do?

This topic is 5666 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.