Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Disallow edits to record

This topic is 8571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a simpler way to "lock" a record from being modified other than going into the "validate by calculation" settings? I have one form where there is a field called allowedit which is either empty or contains "T". I would like for the user to not be able to alter any fields or portals if the allowedit field = T. I have added a script to set the value of the field to empty if the user definetly wants to alter the contents of a record.

Thanks

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by George:

Is there a simpler way to "lock" a record from being modified other than going into the "validate by calculation" settings? I have one form where there is a field called allowedit which is either empty or contains "T". I would like for the user to not be able to alter any fields or portals if the allowedit field = T. I have added a script to set the value of the field to empty if the user definetly wants to alter the contents of a record.

Thanks

I have been waiting for FM Team to offer a choice in the Field definition window to do just this... not allow any modification after a field has been entered... but to date, the only way to do this is a very simple calculation validation you have to set yourself when you define the field.

Thomas A

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by George:

Thanks

I have been waiting for FM Team to offer a choice in the Field definition window to do just this... not allow any modification after a field has been entered... but to date, the only way to do this is a very simple calculation validation you have to set yourself when you define the field.

Thomas A

This topic is 8571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.