OPen photo in new window?

This topic is 8535 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi..

Need help- I'm 100% new to File Maker. I am building a database for my book collection. I have it set up nicely for what I want it to do, with one exception- how can I make it so that there is a link- button or other on the page that when clicked, it will open a new page, layout or whatever with a photograph on it?

That way I can have a large photo of the book, signatures and all on a page that can be printed separate. Otherwise a photo on the same page will be too smalfor detail.

Ideas?

Jim

if you are storing the photos in filemaker it should be quit simple. Have a layout called "View" or whatever you want and just put the container field that holds each pic in it per entry. Then on the other layout have a button that goes to the "View" layout.

Jeremy

quote:

Originally posted by yafreax:

if you are storing the photos in filemaker it should be quit simple. Have a layout called "View" or whatever you want and just put the container field that holds each pic in it per entry. Then on the other layout have a button that goes to the "View" layout.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy,

Will I need to do a seperate page for each photo, or can I call the specific photo even if it's halfway down the page? Don't know if I'm explaining this well enough....

Jim

it's just one more layout. The photo will be different for each record, so no, you don't need to create seperate "pages" for each photo.

If the larger photo is simply down further on the page then have the script "Go To Field(Image)" Actually, i'd play with it a little to decide what field to really go to so that the photo is more centered.

If you're not sure you're explaining it right , then i'm not sure if i'm helping.

Jeremy

This topic is 8535 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.