Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Trouble upgrading

This topic is 8567 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey there,

I just attempted to upgrade from 2.1 v3 to version 5. The message I get says "Unable to Install" and prompts me to search for my previous full version of filemaker pro or qualifying upgrade. When I browse into my Filemaker Pro 2.1 folder and click on the icon I get "Filemaker Pro is not a proper upgrade product."

According to the documentation that came with the upgrade package, I should be able to upgrade if I'm running Filemaker Pro 2.1 v2 or higher. Anyone have any guesses as to how I can get this baby up and running before customer service opens up Monday morning?

Thanks,

Greykell

PS: If it matters, I upgrade to Pro 2.1v3 from Filemaker II a looooong time ago. I'm currently running a Powermac G4 under Mac OS 9.0.4

[This message has been edited by WerewulfMom (edited March 17, 2001).]

I'm a little confused. As far as I know, you can install FM 5, but you don't really upgrade the 2.1v3 application to 5.0. "Updaters" work within a version (say 5.0v1 to 5.0v3). You can convert database files from 2.1v3 to 5.

I'd be surprised if FMI sells an upgrade across 4 versions of the product. If you do have a true Upgrader, it may not recognize FM 2.1 as a qualifying product. I'd contact FMI for information.

-bd

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

I'd be surprised if FMI sells an upgrade across 4 versions of the product. If you do have a true Upgrader, it may not recognize FM 2.1 as a qualifying product. I'd contact FMI for information.

-bd

Hmmm, well here's what it says on the paper from the package:

"Upgrade/Trade-Up Qualification Information.

The enclosed FileMaker Pro 5 software is the Upgrade Version. It can only be installed if you already have a previous version of FileMaker Pro 2.1v2 or later, or qualifying versions of other manufacturer's products."

And on the side of the box:

"ATTENTION: The enclosed installer will search your hard disk to confirm your eligibility for this upgrade. The software will only install if you are a licensed user of one of the following qualifying products:

FileMaker Pro 2.1 or later..."

At this point, I guess I just call tomorrow morning and find out what the heck is wrong. I'm way frustrated.

Greykell

This topic is 8567 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.