Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Email Plugin

This topic is 5644 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I recently downloaded the CNS SMTPit plugin, installed tested on the machine and it worked however when I used it in Instant Web Publishing it didn't work. I've contacted them and they said it only works on the server version not the client.

I currently have FMP Advanced 9 and I need an email plugin that works with Intant Web Publishing.

Any suggestions??

There may be other ways depending on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to collect certain data, you can create a layout that would mimic an e-mail and store the data in a record. Then write it into an open script so when someone accesses that database from the client (internally using Filemaker)it uses that person to e-mail that record whereever you want it to go.

Would need more specifics if this doesn't solve your issue.

Thank you for the response

Data collection isn't really what my concern is.

I've a database of client files and when my processor makes notes on the file I want an email to go out to all involved in the transaction with the content of the note..

That way clients can be up to date on the status of their case/file

You can write it into your open script on the client side that way whenever the file is opened it will send the e-mails out of the records that have been updated. Then you won't need to do it on the IWP side.

Make a field to timestamp when the comments field is modified. Then a field that gets timestamped by the script (last e-mail script step being insert text--calcualtion--get(timestamp))each time the e-mail script sends the e-mail update out. The trigger and filter for the script will be and if statement that anytime the comment timestamp field is greater than the e-mail timestamp field send an e-mail for that record. These two fields will just continue to overwrite themselves as necessary.

This topic is 5644 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.