Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Connector file on Citrix Server

This topic is 5640 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

Hosting a database on FMSA 9

Clients using FMP 9.0v3 through Citrix presentation servers.

This all works fine when users open FileMaker, choose Open Remote, then selkect the database beign hosted. All good.

My probem is that I want the users to ghave a connector file for ease.

I created the connector file which is nothing more than a splash screen with a conenct button which opens the remote database. Again this works fine for a single user.

I stored the connector file on the Citrix server C:Documents and SettingsAll usersDesktop

So the connector file now appears on all users desktop who connect to Citrix.

The problem is if a user opens the conenctor file, but doesnt actually press the connect button (which not only loads the hosted database but closes the connector file) no other user can open the connector file.

Once someone is in the connector file, any other Citrix user cannot open it as they receive the message that the file is in use.

Anyone have any ideas on how to use a connector file in these circumstances?

Many thanks

The ony other option I see is to create a connector/opener file for each individual citrix user and put it in their own profile rather than putting it on the C Drive,this way each person has their own file that will not be in use by someone else.

Seems like a lot of work and a lot of waste of duplicated files though. Does anyone know an easier option?

Thanks

Thanks Steven.

To get around this I created 1 opener file. Stored this on the C Drive of the Citrix server then added a line to the users logon script which copies the opener file into their "My Documents" folder then a shortcut is created on their desktop that points to the my documents folder.

All works fine

Thanks again

Ed

This topic is 5640 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.