Server Maintenance This Week. ×

TROI URL Plugin

This topic is 5619 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

Just joined the forum so not sure if this is exactly the correct place to post this so apologies in advance if it is wrong.

I'm using the troi url plugin to down load investment fund data from the following address:

http://www.trustnet.com/ut/funds/perf.aspx?txtSearch=&sort=5&ss=0&txts=&txtss=&columns=&page=0&booIMA=0&reg1=all&sec=all&ima=all&unit=all&type=all

when the html arrives in the field in FileMaker, some of the characters are squares (which i believe are acsii character).

how can i find out what these character are and then substitute them with carrage returns so a new line in the text is created? if someone could give me a step by step process to resolve this including any additional software i might need then that would be ideal.

Hope someone can help me or point me a direction to resolve this.

thanks

Whitters

• Newbies

Hi,

An email went to the developers this morning, but as it's the weekend I'm not too hopeful of getting anything back before Monday so i thought I'd give the forum a go and see if i could get it resolved over the weekend as I'd like to re-start downloading the fund info on Monday as I've missed a few days now.

Whitters

To identify the character, you could copy it and paste it into an application that can identify characters (I don't know which one that would be on Windows). However, identifying it won't help much. A temporary patch (or a permanent one, if you cannot get this resolved) would be to paste the offending character into a global text field, then clean the text by:

Substitute ( text ; gBadCharacter ; ¶ )

I wouldn't recommend pasting the character directly into the formula itself, because with some control characters this may cause Filemaker to crash.

This topic is 5619 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.