Need help on Portal

gregorytan

This topic is 5591 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I had created a file with two layout inside. This two layout are One Delivery Order and One Job Process Record. All this two layout is relationship

with a field can Job No. And at the Job Process Record Layout I create a field call Invoice and with drop down list of COMPLETED, NOT COMPLETED and TO Bill. I also had another field call Billing and been set like below:

Case ( Job No = Delivery Order::Job No: and Invoice = "Not Complete"; "To Bill" ;

Job No = Delivery Order::Job No: and Invoice = "Completed"; "Completed" ;

Job No = Delivery Order PEARSON::Job No and Invoice = "Completed"; "Completed" ;

Job No = Delivery Order PEARSON::Job No ; "To Bill" ;

Job No ≠ Delivery Order::Job No: ; "Not Complete" ;

)

All this work fine, only problem i have is that i create another layout with portal and a field with drop down list ;) Completed, Not Completed and To bill. I set the relationship with the Job process record layout field: TO Bill.

But they is nothing come out on the portal. Here i try to use the portal method to show only the data on TO Bill or Not Complete

Is anyone can help.

Thanks

gregory

Welcome to the Forum.

I am having trouble understanding your system. Do you have one table with two layouts or do you have two tables? If you could post your file it would help.

Edited by Guest

Your problem is that the field To Bill is an unstored calculation. You can not make a relationship to to an unstored field. If you look at the Relationship Graph you will see a vertical line next to To Bill in the Job Process Record TO. This means that relationship is one way from this TO.

The fix is to change the calculation to a text field and make it auto-entered by calculation allow replacement of existing value.

Hi Ralph:

I am afraid that's not going to work, since the text field will not update when the related "Delivery Order" status changes. I am not quite sure what the purpose here is - maybe it could be solved by a simple find of the jobs to be billed. But if the requirement is to filter a portal to jobs based on the status of their children, then either more relationships are required (the "Ugo method") or some parts must be scripted.

Hi RalphL and Comment

Try and found that the TO Bill field is not change to "To Bill" is still "Not Complete" when they is a Delivery Order create.

The purpose is to Let the account department know that the Job had been Delivery and can start billing.

Thanks

gregory

So how is this decided and recorded? Your calculation doesn't make much sense, because:

Job No = Delivery Order::Job No

is always true, unless there is no related delivery record. If there is one (or 10, or 100) it will be true - because that's how the relationship is defined.

You need to explain the real situation: what needs to be done for a job to become billable?

Hi Comment

Sorry, no a issue on how many delivery as long as they is one delivery, my account were take note. I have another way to monitor more delivery Order on one Job. I only need to find a way to let the account know that the job had been start delivey and on the Job Process Record, I also have another portal to show on the "not complete" job.

Cheers

gregory

This topic is 5591 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.