FMP 9 App Path Registry Key Missing...

This topic is 5561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have been a user of FMP 6 and now want to migrate to FMP 9. I have a external EXE-Link created for a solution in Filemaker. The link uses a Dll file which read and return value to the EXE from the Registry the Keys in the registry for my product/solution in Filemaker have no issues but the key that I used to use to get me the path of the Filemaker pro.exe is no longer accessible in FMP9 like it did in FMP 6.

The Registry Key path is as follows;

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionApp PathsFilemaker Pro.exe".

The Key is not existing in FMP 9. Is there a Key somewhere else that i can safely use i.e the Key should be present on the windows system from the time FMP 9 is installed eventhough it may not be invoked or called even once after installation.

• Newbies

Well... Sorry if i didn't make it sound clear that i am trying to find the path of the filemaker pro.exe path in the Dll not in the fp7. So basically the Get(Filemakerpath) won't work for me unless i change the EXE's to accept it as a parameter which will involve in changing like alot of EXE.

This topic is 5561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.