Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to get 2 sub summaries to work on a layout

laker_42

This topic is 5578 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database that is tracking our server backup jobs. I am working with FMP 10 but the database is served on FM SErver 9.0.3.

I have a layout that I have created 2 sub summaries that print above the records. The first sub summary is based on ServerName and the second sub summary is based on CheckBackupJob. There are 3 different value possiblities for the CheckBackupJobOn field (ServerConsole, BackupExec, DHOps). The backup job details is in the body. When I sort the records by CheckBackupJob and then Servername and then go into Preview Mode, It only shows one of the possibilities of the CheckBackupJobOn field and then lists all of the backupjob details under the one possibility. So I don't understand why it is not grouping based on the actual values in the CheckBackupJobOn field.

I have tried sorting different ways and I tried switching up which sub summary came first on the layout and it didn't make a difference.

What am I missing? This should be fairly simple to just group based on two fields.

Thanks,

John

I attached a screenshot of the layout mode to show how the subsummaries are positioned. I also attached a screenshot of the data in preview mode. You will see that first group is ServerConsole and then it starts listing servers. The issue is that the RbcCrystal servers are all set to BackupExec CheckBackupJobOn and not ServerConsole. So i don't understand why it is grouping under the ServerConsole. Hopefully these make my question clearer.

LayoutScreenShot.jpg

PreviewScreenShot.jpg

Edited by Guest

I would like it to sort (Group) by CheckBackupJobOn and then ServerName.

The sort order for the preview screenshot I attached was by checkbackupJobOn, . I tried the other way (servernameServerName,CheckBackupJobOn) and that didn't work either because it was grouping based on servername. So I am not sure what I am missing.

Thanks,

John

I just figured out what my issue was. I went back to the beginning and was looking through my field definitions. Somehow my CheckBackupJobOn field was set to a number field instead of text. Changed it to text & everything is working as it should. I knew it had to be something simple but couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for your time.

John

This topic is 5578 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.