FMSA 9.03 & lookup tables

This topic is 5563 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I have a strange problem. I have 2 dbs that have lookup fields. When the files are opened directly, the lookup fields work fine. When I serve them up & open the files remotely, the lookup fields no longer work, leaving blank fields. Is this normal?

Because I don't know how to write dbs that don't use them. Truth be told, I am rubbish at creating dbs but after alot of work and help, I get them working.

In both cases, the lookup fields are used to copy info so that the subsequent entry has nolonger 'live' to change. One is an pay invoice & I don't want the entries changing every time I change an address or a figure.

I attach the file in question.

They are for my wife, who administers a micro-theatre company. They are in french so I give a little explanation.

LAFRONDE_MASTER is simple payslip tool. The layout 'Creer fiche de Paie Artiste' allows the creation of a payslip for an actor, with all the calculations in place. The button on the page creates a copy of the entries via lookups to a 2nd table called 'Archive fiche de Paie Artiste'. This all works fine on my machine but when I put it on FMSA9.03, the lookups show up blank.

The same occurs for LAFRONDE_COMPTA. This is a basic (badly designed) accounting system. An expense is added to the 'creer' layout, button is pushed and the amount is copied via a lookup to the 'archive' layout where it is calculated so that the amount can either be calculated as part of sum per project, or as a global expense. Again this works on my machine, but not the server.

Can anyone see if they get same result on their servers?

Many thanks in advance.

login:admin

pass:admin

Archive.zip

After struggling with this issue, I found an alternative way to lookup that does work with FMSA.

Use the following script to "copy & paste" info across tables & fields.

Set Variable

New Window

Go to Layout

New Record/Request

Set Field

The Set Variable has a name field that is a code that you create of the name of the field that you want to copy.

The value is the field location on the table that you want to copy.

The Set Field lets you choose where to paste the value and the in the 'Calculated result' window you copy the coded name you created in the Set Variable name field, KEEPING THE $ infront of the coded name.

Hope this helps someone

This topic is 5563 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.