FM10 Client thru FMS9

This topic is 5571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We are still using FMS 9.0.3.325 but I am using FMPA10 client on this one box. I have a local file which has external file reference to our served data file (separation model). Every time I perform a strenuous sort or find, I am thrown 'Communication lost' message. It happens consistently when I stress it a bit.

I haven't really lost communication and, after I say OK to the dialog, I'm fine again. But it is very annoying. Has anyone else experienced issues with backward (10 client to 9 server) compatibility?

Windows 2003 and XP Pro Client 2002 sp2

Well, first and foremost, this construct is not The Separation Model.™ That construct refers to the architectural separation of data and UI, not the physical separation of files.

Second, I would upgrade my Server 9.0v3 to the latest patch (the 326 + SSL) just to rule out any software anomalies.

But I suspect this may be hardware related. Does it happen from more that one workstation? That's a first clue towards troubleshooting this.

Steven

Well, first and foremost, this construct is not The Separation Model.™

Oh, I know what separation model means - we ARE using one. I was just clarifying that I have an external reference to the DATA file (of a separation model solution).

I suppose we could have IT install the latest patches on that FMS server box but we aren't even using SSL. My point is that, our 400 Users have no problems using vs. 9. I am the only one currently using FMPA10. And I am the only one having the 'connection lost' issue. When I open vs. 9, and run the same processes, I have NO problems either.

I thought it important to ask because, if others are experiencing it as well (when using FMP10 or FMPA10 to 9 server) then we should report it. There are many who won't be upgrading to FMS10 right away and a backward-compatibility issue like this is serious.

This topic is 5571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.