Date format problem

This topic is 5560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi experts,

I'm a long-time user of FMPro, but untrained and dangerous! Though English, I live in Spain, working in Windows XP Pro (in English) and FMPro 6.0 (in Spanish). I'm developing a (for me) complex sales and invoicing solution for a friend and decided to adapt some ISO starter files from the Scriptology book/CD I bought some years ago. Everything seems to work fine, except that I cannot format the date fields to display (month names) in Spanish, as the user wants on his invoices. The options only allow for English. I've tried toggling things like Use system formats, but to no avail. The Default language for indexing and sorting is greyed-out for some reason, so I have not been able to experiment with that.

I've been toying with the idea of using a calculation to get it to produce the goods, but if there is a solution I've overlooked, I'd be very grateful for your help. If the calculation is the only way, I should also appreciate help with that.

Many thanks,

Madwill

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Unfortunately, having cloned the 3 files concerned with the OS set to Spanish formats (as it always is), there is no change. The options still only appear in English (e.g. Thursday, 25 April).

Very grateful for any further suggestions.

Madwill

Again, many, many thanks.

I'm impressed. But it's not working for me. I've seen that your clone example works great - indeed, I've never had this problem before. But I've checked my OS setting and recloned the files and I still get the date options in English. I attach screenshots of the 2 dialogues. Maybe I've got something else wrong. Otherwise, I think it's my FMPro that perhaps requires reinstalling(?)

Very grateful for your help.

Madwill

shot1.bmp

shot2.bmp

I've never used a localized version, but I don't think the menus have anything to do with this. Since I am not a Windows user either, I'd suggest you explore those settings again, and make sure that the SHORT DATE FORMAT is set to Spanish.

Anyway, if your system is giving you trouble, your friend should be able to clone the files on his/her system.

Many thanks. I've checked the settings, double-checked everything, uninstalled and reinstalled FMPro ans *still* the problem persists. So I shall just have to do the last-minute tweaks after installing on his system.

However, my problem remains...

Thanks for your patience.

Madwill

This topic is 5560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.