Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS 10 Backup Path

This topic is 5422 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I use FMS 10 in a Windows 2003 server, I will like to backup FMS to a mapping drive (B:) in the server. I am having problems changing the original backup folder path to the new mapping drive filewin:/B:/Backups/ = (Not a valid path)

I don’t know if the default backup path can be changed to a mapping drive.

I appreciate any help

Thanks

AFAIK a mapped drive may or may not exist as a physical drive in the host machine, so FMS wouldn't be able to detect the difference adn FMS won't use external or demountable media.

As the drive is physically in the machine then you should be able to refer to it's normal file path.

• 4 months later...
  • Newbies

Old Advance Man-

We're trying to get Server 10 running on Windows, but are required to use an share for db storage/backup. I've been given the unc path ("pccluster1productsource"), but cannot figure out how to get it to validate in the Filemaker Server Admin Console under "Default Folders." Would you lend your wisdom to my dilemma. Thank you.

• Newbies

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, that one is not working. I'm going to be checking back with the admin who set it up to verify that this is the right machine again.

One last thing, I know that there is a FM user and group in Mac OS X that needs to have ownership of the directory. Does Windows require anything similar? I did not see this in the documentation. Thank you again.

One last thing, I know that there is a FM user and group in Mac OS X that needs to have ownership of the directory. Does Windows require anything similar?

FileMaker Server on Windows runs as Local System. So if you're writing to another drive somewhere you must have permissions to write to that drive. This is a different issue than the valid path matter.

Steven

This topic is 5422 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.