Graphics do not appear properly in Windows

Tom Kennedy

This topic is 5552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have created JPEG button images that work fine in the Mac Version of FileMaker 10 Pro (this problem also occurred in FileMaker 9 Pro) but not when I use this file in the Windows version. The Windows version graphic becomes text: "Quicktime and a decompressor are need to see this picture."

What is the best way to solve this problem?

Solution:

1) Copy and paste each graphic (individually) from the layout onto a Pages blank document page.

2) Copy and paste each graphic (individually) from the Pages page back onto the layout.

I tried to find a solution on the internet without success even though there were plenty of hits relating to this problem. What I think happened was that I had resized each graphic in the FileMaker Mac version in order for them to fit on the layout properly. Then, when I tried to run in the Windows version, it could not handle the resizing. By copying each graphic into Pages, it seems that Pages retains the size that I wanted and Pages seems to forget that the image was a different size at one time. In any event, this procedure worked.

I could be wrong but I thought it had more to do with the file format more than anything else. I believe if you copy and paste a PNG image, it will work find on both platforms even if you resize it. JPEG always seems to wind up using quicktime compression for some reason, and so it doesn't work well in windows by default as a result.

Have you tried installing quicktime on the windows side to see if that solves the issue?

JPEG & PNG issue:

I originally installed the graphics in PNG. I used JPEG in my original post because I didn't know how many people were familiar with PNG.

Quicktime issue:

On the internet, this was discussed and said that installing Quicktime would not solve the problem. Also, ideally I did not want it to be necessary for users to have another product to be installed in order for the application to work.

This topic is 5552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.