Automatique change portal row with Barcode scanners

Hete

This topic is 8110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

i have a big problem...

i want to scanne barcode and the number goes on the last portal row.. but after i scann it.. i want to do this again without press the TAB key or clicking on the seconde portal row for each item i scann..

how can i do this ?

sorry for my por english.. i usualy speak french :-)

tanks

H

First, you need a barcode scanner which allows a preable and a postscript to be programmed. A preamble is a set of characters the scanner sends ahead of the characters scanned. A postscript is a set of characters the scanner sends after the characters scanned. Second, you need to program the preable to Command-1 (Mac) or Control-1 (PC) and the postscript to Command-2 (Mac) or Control-2 (PC). How this is done and IF it can be done depend upon the particular barcode scanner you are using. Next, create two scripts and check them in ScriptMaker so that they appear assigned to Command-1 and Command-2 (I won't keep repeating, select Control-1 and Control-2 for the PC).

The Command-1 script is used to take you to the field you want to scan into. In your case it would contain the script steps "Go to Portal Row" and "Go to field". The Command-2 script will be used to trigger any processing you require. You might also need to create a flag field you can test to cause you to exit these two scripts if the processing of the last scan is not completed. It is easy to trigger FM to run these two scripts a second time BEFORE they have completed processing the first scan. It is up to you to prevent this from happening, FM will make the attempt.

-bd

This topic is 8110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.