Accidently disabled menus?

JWise

This topic is 5568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi I made custom menus for my database and disabled nearly every menu item for users. Unfortunately I somehow disabled all the menu items for my administrator account as well and I am now unable to access layout mode or any privilege editing.

I have admin access but how do I renable the full menus?

• Newbies

All menus have been disabled. I just have cut/paste/etc. I believe it is script that runs on the initial page that resets the privileges and menu items to minimal, so even logging in with admin I cannot modify anything. Is there a shortcut key or anything to renable menus?

I've tried logging in with every other account and none of them have the ability to see the menus.

• Newbies

I don't have fmpa but if I did how would that solve this problem? Will it definitely be my solution?

I'm talking about the normal menus have been disabled. The only menu that is left is the edit menu which has copy, cut and paste.

Edited by Guest

Well if you do actually have a full access admin account then you could just turn the script debugger on and halt the opening script when it tries to run - then you can make whatever changes to the script you want and go on with your life :

But yes you would need FMPA to sort it - just download the trial from the FM site.

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

I'm assuming one of my accounts (the one named Admin) should be full access. I can login with all of the accounts so I assume that filemaker makes sure at least one account has full access. Therefore I assume that I must have full access. I've never used script debugger is that a fmpa thing only and do I have to have menu access to be able to use it?

Hi I made custom menus for my database and disabled nearly every menu item for users.

Something doesnt seem to make sense. How did you do this without Advanced?

This topic is 5568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.