Server Maintenance This Week. ×

External data source over internet toooo slow

This topic is 4585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, we are testing a situation where the external SQL data source is hosted externally and we must connect to it over the internet. The connection is set up and works ok. sorts and finds are quick for 100's of records, but for 10000+ records finds and sorts are unusable. There is no filmaker server in the mix.. im just connecting with filemaker pro 10

I am wondering if a way to speed i up may be to

A) have filemaker server running at the end point and then a filemaker pro client accessing it frmo server..

or

:B Have filemaker server running on the server at the external data center and access filmaker server over the web that way

are either of these 2 options going to speed things up???

well.. finally got FM server installed actually on the Server and its all running fine over he internet.. quite impressed!

Thanks all for your help and feedback in this thread... really couldnt have done it with out you!

God bless. X

• 2 weeks later...

i like that humour...

I need to do something similar. Can I just check I understand correctly: you don't have FM Server running locally at all. Instead it runs in the same data center that hosts the external SQL data source. right?

• 2 years later...
  • Newbies

Hi there,

Do you mean the FM Server 10 and the MSSQL are on the same server?

My fm database has an external data source which connects to MSSQL (on another server, different from my FM server 10). When i published to IWP, it is really really slow!!!

Please advise.

This topic is 4585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.