Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM 9 Server backup bug?

This topic is 5540 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have FM9 Server running on Windows Server 2003.

FileMaker is configured to run three automatic backups daily.

Every night a Windows script copies the days backups from the default FileMaker backup folder to another folder.

Worked fine for a few months.

The when I reviewed the last few weeks backups I noticed that the files in each days folder were identical and that the files had a timestamp in the future (March 16)

According to the Windows Application Event log, the first two of the daily backups ran and are recorded correctly in the log for February 16. However, one hour later there are entries showing the databases backed up again, but the event log dates the entry one month in the future (March 16) and the backed-up FileMaker files have that date.

After the strange FileMaker event, The Windows Event Log then shows normal system activity with the correct dates for processes other than FileMaker.

But from Feb 16th on FileMaker did no new backups.

My understanding is the Windows event log simply reports information passed to it by the application. This would place the blame for the entry of the incorrect March 16 date on February 16 on FileMaker, as opposed to a bug in Windows.

So why did FileMaker stop running backups after February 16? I assume the reason is it looked in the default FileMaker backup location and saw files dated March 16 and quit, thinking it would overwrite newer files if it proceeded.

Has anyone else seen FileMaker run a backup and date the files with a future date?

Both FileMaker and the Windows server are fully patched and there were no patches applied, maintainence, or anything else done on the system that could account for the unusual behavior on February 16.

Thanks.

Will

Also the FileMaker Event log shows the same information - backups are normal until February 16 when an abberant backup runs shortly after a normally scheduled backup and records the date of March 16.

Never seen this before, but I would check my time server? If the event logs shows that this backups did happen in March (but it should be February) something seems odd. Is it ONLY the FM events that are way off in date at that moment or can you see other events with correct/incorrect date?

If it's only FM events with off dates - forget my reply :B

/T

This topic is 5540 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.