Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Uninstall FMSA 10, kill processes?

This topic is 5512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Yesterday I installed FMSA 10 (technet development license) and I seem to have forgotten the login and password to the admin console, so I guess I need to re-install ...

I have a couple of dbs opened, and even thought they are just for testing, I wonder how can I properly close them before uninstalling FMSA.

I see that there are a few fmserver processes running in the activity monitor, do I need to kill them before I go ahead and uninstall FMSA?

Thanks in advance!

In case anyone is interested: I just did Wim Decorte's FM Server 10 VTC's video tutorial. According to one of the troubleshooting chapters, after you loose the password to the admin console, if you go to the fmserver/library/config folder and delete all the files inside, it also gets rid of the admin passwords. He also warns to be "extremely careful" because by doing this you may loose other things. I haven't tried it though (and hope not to be in the situation of having to ...)

Note to the moderator: please feel free to delete my message if you consider that is not ethical make reference to the above resource in this forum.

This topic is 5512 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.