Autologin does even though it is disabled

This topic is 5523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a FM10 client hosted file, which has three users, Admin, User and Guest. Guest is disabled, and both Admin and User have passwords. User has a customized privilege level, while Admin has full rights.

The problem is that even though in File Options I have unchecked "Log in using", and only have checked "Switch to layout" with the default layout, the file always logs in as Admin when I open it. I simply cannot get it to show the login window. Is there any magical thing I need to do? I have read the manuals, searched the forum, Google, and the sample databases work as expected (showing the login window).

Cheers,

Mike

I'll bet the username and password are saved in the Keychain.

Hold the Option key down when opening the file to force the authentication dialog.

• Newbies

You are completely right! It seems that once you save a password to the keychain, you are logged in as admin (security bug here?). My keychain had only one entry, for the User account, none for the Admin account, yet FM auto-logged in the Admin account all the time. Is this normal behavior?

There is no security bug.

The Keychain remembers whatever username and password was entered. It has no idea what privileges the credentials have in that particular FMP database, it just remembers them.

Is it possible that the username and password changed privilege sets at some time within the FMP file itself?

This topic is 5523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.