Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Periodic "Password Expired" Issue - FM Server 8 Adv

This topic is 5417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello - I have done a search in the forums and cannot find a topic with this specific issue so here goes...

We have FM Server 8 Advanced and have frequent and annoying problems with users' web login accounts showing as "password expired". We're using FM authentication as we cannot use the Windows auth for these logins.

Now, we're not entirely sure if the problem occurs randomly or after a period of account inactivity but it's becoming a problem and I can't figure out how to solve it.

Is there some sort of inactivity expiration built in? Can it be modified or disabled entirely?

Any ideas?

Also, would upgrading to Server 10 help at all? I'd be happy to provide more info to help clarify if need be to answer this question :(

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

I am having a similiar issue to this, and was wondering how this was working out. I do not have the Disconnect when Idle opion in my filemaker options, I think it is an older version.

My users all login via the web, they can log into filemaker, but when they go to open a database (we only have one), they get an IE pop up saying password expired. This only happenes for select users, Ive tried creating new users, duplicating working users, different privilage sets, etc. For some reason, some users simply get that pop up and some users dont.

Any help is appreciated.

Is there some sort of inactivity expiration built in? Can it be modified or disabled entirely?

Yes, and for Web connections that's managed in the WPE configuration portion of the Admin Console.

That may not be the issue here for expired passwords though. Check the Privilege Sets that allow web access to see if the password expiration option has been checked.

Steven

This topic is 5417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.