Web Viewer "Still Loading Slow?" Try Basic HTML

SteveS

This topic is 5419 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am using FM10 developer and have a problem with my web viewer displaying. The viewer was displaying properly until recently, I tested the viewer and noticed this problem. I get the following message; (“Still loading slow?” Try basic HTML). The page does not load. I tested this out on other computers on my network and have the same problem.

I am using Google Maps (US) with the required, address, city, state, and optional zip code fields. I copied the web address I am using from the web viewer setup; ("http://local.google.com/maps?" & "q=" & /*Address=*/ ${K-9 Reports}:o:street & "," & /*City=*/ ${K-9 Reports}::city & "," & /*State=*/ ${K-9 Reports}::state & "," & /*Zip Code=*/ ${K-9 Reports}::zip & "," & /*Country=*/ "").

I am using Windows Vista and have Internet Explorer set as my default web browser.

Can anyone help me out on this problem?

This must be some type of bug in FM10, because I accessed the internet via IE web browser and typed: http://local.google.com/maps? inside the address bar and accessed Google Maps with no problems. I entered my address inside the search box and it worked correctly. The map appeared on the right side which gave me the desired options, traffic, satellite, & terrain.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.

Thank You.

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

I have the same problem.

I guess the problem is the cache.

If I increase the FM cache the webviewer works again for a little, than I have the same problem again.

The matter is where FM store the web cache.. I will check in MacOS if it uses the browser cache..

Will update this post later..

• Newbies

It's working for now. I emptied the cache of Safari and Firefox and now the webviewer works fine with google maps.

I've read that in MacOS FM stores cache and cookies in browser cache (don't know if always in Safari or in the default web browser).

I can't help with WinOS, don't know if it does the same with IE.

Hope this can help.

This topic is 5419 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.